Belly Piercing Post Tummy Tuck (abdominal plasty)January 25, 2016
- Piercing again….Should I use the same location? or is it better to change it slightly? You will hear many different opinions on this topic. Some say re-pierce the belly button in the same place because the scar tissue holds the jewelry in place better. But is can be a little more painful. Others say you should change the location slightly because the scar tissue can be weaker. I have read so many articles about scar tissue and learned that basically scar tissue forms in random crisscross patterns and is not as flexible. It also has poor circulation and is weaker than healthy tissue, making it prone to re-injury. My personal experience proved it better to re-pierce a little deeper, just behind the scar tissue.
- What about the existing scar tissue? Scar tissue forms inside your body, as well as outside, as part of a normal healing process. You can re-pierce your belly button even with existing scar tissue.
- Will it hurt? It depends on your pain tolerance. Some feel it more than others. But it is a very short time frame of pain. So it’s just a matter of how much do you want it?
- Are the care instructions the same? Yes, the cleaning and care instructions are the same. Refer to the FAQ’s page.
- What about migration? Migration is a tricky thing. There are several possibilities for this happening. The first would be the jewelry used. Your body may reject certain metals. If this occurs, try titanium. It’s a bit more costly but well worth the investment in the long run. Another possibility is the piercing was placed too superficially in the skin. The less skin there is to help keep the piercing secure, the higher the risk for migration. Constant pulling or tugging on the jewelry can also contribute to migration. Sleeping, showering, clothing, and/or exercise can hinder the healing process and cause the body to reject the jewelry. The “EZ Heal Guard” was designed to help with these issues. It provides a safe environment for the piercing to heal without all the outside trauma that can occur in everyday life.
Insly International was founded by Yvonne Garcia after her own navel piercing experience. After her piercing was done, she endured all the complications from her clothing snagging and tugging at the jewelry during the day and her pajamas and sheets pulling and tugging at night. All these complications caused irritation and delayed the healing process dramatically. She searched the internet trying to find a product that would make the experience more enjoyable and less stressful. When she could not find such a product, she decided to invent one herself.
Her slogan "Where imagination and technology come together" was born from the need to create a product that would provide a protective barrier and safe environment for the healing process to begin. It is designed to protect the piercing from clothing or any foreign objects while simultaneously providing a safe environment to heal. Thus making the over all experience much more enjoyable.